If you would like to subdivide your property into one or more smaller lots, you need to apply for a land severance, also known as a consent. Land severance approval depends on:

  • Lot size
  • Compatibility
  • Public and private roads
  • Conformity to the Official Plan and the Zoning By-law
  • Water supply
  • Sewage disposal

Apply for a Land Severance

Visit the County of Peterborough for information about land severance applications. The County of Peterborough is the approval authority for all land severances in the Township of Douro-Dummer.

The Planning Committee in the Township of Douro-Dummer makes recommendations to Council on severance proposals and consent applications. As part of the process, the committee provides comments to property owners and the Peterborough County Land Division Committee about whether or not the Township supports the severance application and if there are any conditions to be imposed.